30 April 2010

Review: Marked By Moonlight By: Sharie Kohler

Title: Marked By Moonlight (The Moon Chasers Series, Book 1)
Author: Sharie Kohler
Publisher: Pocket, 368 Pages (December 26th 2007)
From: Borders

Synopsis: She doesn't know what bit her...

Seemingly overnight, Claire Morgan has transformed: the normally mousy schoolteacher is now bold, and her behavior is truly wild. Her eyes gleam silver. Suddenly she's a self-confident femme fatale with a libido that just won't quit. After an impulsive makeover, she's even...dare she say it?...sexy. Is Claire going insane?

Then brutally handsome stranger Gideon March tells her she was bitten by a werewolf, and Claire figures he's the insane one. Sure, she was attacked by a nasty dog in a back alley, but this guy stalking her says he's a member of an underground society of lycan hunters -- and his mission is to kill her immediately.

When Claire finally realizes she really is a lycan, there's no turning back -- because by now Claire and Gideon are bound by a hungry passion. If they can't break the curse by the next full moon, Claire's soul will be lost forever and Gideon will be forced to terminate his prey -- a woman dangerously close to devouring him, heart and soul.

Review: 4 Stars - For me, this was a new series that I found not all too long ago. I picked up the first and the third book... couldn't find the second which the author was amazing and sent a copy so I could read the whole series. The first book didn't disappoint me at all; it was a great beginning with an interesting take on Lycans and their hunters.

There was suspense, romance; danger and I mean come-on - Werewolves! Kohler does have a twist to her werewolves, or as they are called throughout this one, Lycan's in the fact that when they turn and kill there's no going back. Pretty much everything about who they use to be as a human is gone. There's a little bit more to it all in how it actually happens and what each person who gets bit goes through, but I leave it at that.

Also, we get to see things through the eyes of not only a woman - one of our two main characters Claire's eyes after being recently bitten, but we get to see through the eyes of our other main character - Gideon who just happens to be a Lycan hunter. And yep, you guessed it there's just a bit of tension and a HUGE conflict of interest when these two cross paths. Gideon sets out to go against his better judgment AND against all he knows to try to break the curse for Claire. Trying to save a person from the curse isn’t anything he’s done before and it brings up things from his past that is told throughout the book. He knows that if he can't do it, he'll have to kill her.

The story, characters and writing kept me turning the pages fast to see if Gideon could save Claire in time. If you want to find that out for yourself, be sure to pick up copy soon because I for one am glad that I have the next two books in the series because I can't wait to see what's coming next.

FTC Disclaimer: I DID pay for this book and have NOT been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. I just read this book last week! I was surprised how low the ratings for it were. I didn't think it was the best book I've ever read, but I liked it and enjoyed it. I like your review on it

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love