15 August 2011

Title: The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher: HarperCollins, 352 Pages (August 23rd 2011)
From: the Publisher & Donna from Bite My Books

Synopsis: I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.

Review: 3.5 Stars - The Power of Six, the second book in the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore picks up right where we were left at the end of I Am Number Four.

John, Number Four is on the run with Six and his best friend Sam. After blowing up a school and a few deaths during the epic battle, a fight for survival, they had no choice but to leave Paradise and run. For John and Six running is a part of how they were raised. Trying to stay alive, they hope someday to return to their home planet and rebuild after a war that forced them into hiding on Earth. With only the Nine children and their Cepan, staying hidden on Earth might not be as easy as it seems.

With a race of aliens called the Mogadorians hunting the Nine down in a race to finish what they started, John and Six are searching for ways to survive and looking for how to bring all the remaining Nine teens together. The thing is, the teens can only be killed in order of their number and Four/John is next in line.

While I did enjoy the first book in the series, this second installment, in my opinion started out somewhat slow. I usually love alternating points of view and this time they took much longer to catch and sadly didn’t grab my attention right away as they usually do. It was hard to get into for the first half of the book and then all of a sudden all the action started and things picked up and blew up, characters came through… with guns and Legacies blazing. The second half of the book was so action packed it almost went by in a blur! If not for the epic battles and drama and explosions I’m not sure I would have been able to give it the rating that I did.

As mentioned above, the introduction to new characters took a bit to take hold, I think it was just a bit on the bland side, totally unexpected and I had to do a double take to figure out what was going on in those first few chapters. However like I said before, the end of the book was so fast paced that it more than made up for the slower start to this title.

With two cliffhangers at the end and yet more characters introduces, Lore (aka James Frey) has left me more than ready for whatever may come next for the Nine teens and their fight to further learn about who they are, where they’ve come from and what the future might hold for them and their dying planet.

Anyone who’s read the first book, or seen the movie should definitely pick this action packed second book in the series up to see what happens next. With the ending and the addition of new characters, you’ll not be sorry, enjoy!



Don't forget to check out my giveaway for an
ARC of The Power of Six!
CLICK HERE to enter!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love