21 October 2012

Crossroads Tour: Joy Preble



Could you tell us a bit about – first as a writer, then as a reader – what the pull is for you when it comes to Paranormal/Supernatural characters & stories?

I have always loved genre fiction. I think part of the reason is that so much of it is metaphor for real life. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I adored back in the day, is my perfect example of this. We all know that high school is hell. But in BTVS, Sunnydale High was literally over the Hellmouth. Perfect. Plus I like to be scared; I like to read about things that go bump in the night. It’s often less scary than real life, if you want the truth! It was the obvious genre for me to write once I began writing.

Can you talk to us a bit about what’s next for you?

I’ve got a new series (well, 2 books at the moment) starting in 2013 from Soho Press’s new Soho Teen imprint. THE SWEET DEAD LIFE will be out in May and the follow up book, still to be titled, is slated for spring 2014. I’m so excited about these books! And they are definitely a bit of a departure from the ANASTASIA series. The cover copy describes it like this:

Fourteen-year-old Jenna Samuels is having a very bad 8th grade year. Her single mother spends all day in bed. Dad vanished when she was eight. Her 16-year-old brother, Casey, tries to hold what's left of the family together by working two jobs--difficult, as he's stoned all the time. To make matters worse, Jenna is sick. When she collapses one day, Casey tries to race her to the hospital in their beat-up Prius and crashes instead. Jenna wakes up in the ER to find Casey beside her. Beatified. Literally. The flab and zits? Gone. Weirder, he makes her feel better. Before long, Jenna figures out that Casey didn't survive the accident at all. He's an "A-word." (She can't bring herself to utter the truth.) Soon they both discover that Jenna isn't just dying: she's being poisoned. And Casey has been sent back to help solve the mystery that not only holds the key to her survival, but also to their mother's mysterious depression and father's disappearance.

Basically, it’s set in Texas and it’s a  funny and bittersweet paranormal mystery.

And lastly, how about a fun question? Being that it’s the scariest time of the year – Halloween – what’s your favorite?

Scary Book:  currently: the arc of SHADOWS by Ilsa J. Bick (eeeek!)
Scary Movie: The Shining – the older one with Jack Nicholson
Halloween Candy: mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
Costume from Halloween’s Past: Dare I say it? A hooker. Also, a little post Halloween, my evil mermaid costume that I wore for 3 days straight at our booth at Austin Comic Con.  And a couple years ago, husband and I went to a party as Wash and Kaleigh from Firefly. And no one knew who we were… even when we explained.



Title: Anastasia Forever (Dreaming Anastasia, #3)
Author: Joy Preble
Publisher: Sourcebooks, 304 Pages (August 1st, 2012)
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Is it possible to change the past?
Anastasia
No one ever knew what happened to her except her half-brother, Viktor--and he'll do anything to keep it that way.

Anne

She just wants a normal boyfriend, a normal family-no visions of the past, no evil mermaids, no Brotherhood trying to kill her. But Anne is not normal...and she's capable of a lot more than she thinks.

Ethan

He's been eighteen for nearly a century, and finding Anne is the best thing that's ever happened to him. But the magic in his blood is turning darker, forcing him to wonder whether he's the most dangerous threat of all...



Find Joy Online:

Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Order the Dreaming Anastasia Trilogy Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository





GIVEAWAY!

How the Crossroads Tour Giveaway works


All the authors got together and decided, instead of each blog getting one or two titles to giveaway - they'd have a single grand prize - a real doozie. With that in mind each blogger is asked to encourage readers to answer the daily trivia/research question on the tour main page. (http://judithgraves.com/events/the-crossroads-tour/crossroads-2012/) At the end of the tour all answers have to be emailed to judithgraves@ymail.com by midnight on the 29th. 

So, it's your job, to head over to the mail tour page I've linked above, read the question and go find the answer in the posts for that day. Make sure you get your answers in by the deadline - October 29th at Midnight!

Entries will be put in a drawing and a winner chosen randomly.

And I bet you're wondering what the heck this amazing prize is? How about a FREE KINDLE PRELOADED with an eBOOK from each of the Crossroads authors???

The more questions you answer, the better, so be sure to check back each day!

Any questions? Please send them my way!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to read The Sweet Dead Life - love these creepy YA paranormals!! <3
    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love author Joy Preble's writing! and I love the Dreaming Anatasia series!!

    Poison_Mimosa(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love