03 August 2014

Review - Eternally Bound By: K.A. Young

Title: Eternally Bound
Author: K.A. Young
Publisher: (July 2nd, 2014)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a Adult novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: Their passionate encounter happened long ago binding Caroline and Thaddeus for all eternity. A century later, Caroline is living a new life yet the memory has never lessened its hold on her—tormenting her with mere glimpses as her body continually cries out for him in her dreams.

On the brink of madness, torn between the past and the present, Caroline is the only one that can decide her fate. When she returns to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains the lines between time and space come full circle. Will she find the courage to face the passion and pain that awaits her? Or will she run from her past, dooming them for all eternity?

Review: 3 Stars - Eternally Bound is the first title I’ve read from author K.A. Young. With a synopsis as intriguing as this, I was instantly captivated and couldn’t wait to read. Caroline and Thaddeus have a love that holds no bounds. Their time was many, many years ago and yet they are fated to be drawn to each other across the years due to the tragic events that happened then.

Caroline, the main character is happy, married and living what she believes is the perfect life. Until the nightmares happen and continue to grow worse. She’s searching for something or someone in her dreams that’s just out of reach and when she wakes she’s desperate to remember. There’s a voice she feels she knows, mountains that feel like home and a name and face that are lost as soon as she opens her eyes.

The one thing about Caroline was that she felt kind of… timid and as someone who’s grown up in foster care and with the home she was raised in she just felt too… soft I guess is the word I’m looking for. I wanted her to be tougher, to not just go with the flow and to have a voice of her own. So in this way I was very disappointed in her as a character.

Her husband drove me nuts. I felt like he used his age – he’s older than her – over her and somewhat pushed Caroline into things she’d rather not do. AND THEN… my blood boiled with what he did to Caroline. I saw read. Time and time again. I thought I didn’t like him at the beginning… well, I about screamed as the story built and he just… seriously, I couldn’t stand him! Such strong emotions which again add to the rating I’ve given to this book.

And then we have the mystery part of Caroline’s story and that’s what kept me reading. That’s what I loved reading and I couldn’t get enough of. The story itself is pretty amazing and it kept me guessing as to what was going to happen time and time again. I felt emotions while reading. I felt anger, frustration, confusion and my heart breaking while I read and it’s these pieces of the story that made the book.

And then there’s the love of Caroline and Thaddeus that draws you in and makes your brain mush because you serious have no clue what’s going on with their story and where they’ll end up at the end. You’re heart will break for them when you learn how things happened to them then and now.

In the end, it’s the plot and the emotions that I felt while reading that pulled me in with this book. I might not have been a huge fan of the characters… with the exception of Thaddeus and his Grandmother, but the plot, mystery and the emotions I mentioned above in this review is what made this title. And readers… if you are looking for something extremely different that’ll make you feel while confusing you along the way, than this book is without a doubt for you. I do recommend this title because of how different this is because I have never read anything like this before. It is an adult title and there is language, drinking and sex (However the sex isn’t graphic) in the book so readers should take that into consideration before reading. I will be on the look out to read other titles from this author on into the future. Happy reading.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love